In many ways, I am still a child at heart even though I have a full-time job, live on my own, buy my own groceries and so on like an adult. I find humor in the smallest of things and at enjoy the immaturity I can don when around my younger sisters.
This past week, I had a birthday. Now I am now twenty-five, and I’m not sure what to think of it. A number doesn’t have to dictate your actions or opinions; however, with this being a milestone of sorts, it did provoke some thoughts. What have I done thus far in my life that I am proud of? What do I wish to do better? What are my short-term/long-term goals? How will I go about achieving them? And so forth. Life has kept me relatively busy here of late, so luckily I didn’t have time to dwell on these thoughts. Merely, I took them for their face value and tucked these questions away to ponder on later. But I have answered a few questions to share with you.
This slew of questions was inspired by a post I read on Sweet Mary Louise, which Mary posted after her 25th birthday! I get so many good blogging ideas from her! So here goes, let’s start with the easy “what’s your favorite…” questions:
Favorite season of the year… Summer
Favorite pizza chain restaurant… Papa Johns
- Favorite domestic beer… Lonestar Reds or Blues, depending on my mood!
- Favorite craft beer… Freetail Original
- Favorite type of wine… Red Zinfandel
- Favorite San Antonio bar… Hoppy Monk or Liberty Bar or Little Woodrow’s
- Favorite Margarita in San Antonio… Torchy’s or Ocho
Favorite San Antonio restaurant… Stella Public House in Southtown — they have a great wine and beer selection too!
Favorite kind of pie… Does Quiche count?
Favorite crockpot meal to make… Chicken thighs + a jar of salsa; low for 6-8 hours; served shredded in tortillas with avocado, cheese and sour cream!
- Favorite snow cone… Strawberry Pucker, from Sawyer’s Shack, with fresh strawberries, chamoy and chili powder
- Favorite radio show… Gio & Jones (CBS Sports Radio)
- Favorite book I’ve read this year… “The Time It Never Rained” by Elmer Kelton
Runners up include: “To Kill a Mockingbird” by Harper Lee and “Sweet Tooth” by Ian McEwan
- Favorite movie and sequel combination… Sherlock Holmes & Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
- Favorite compliment to receive… “you make me/us smile”
- What made you choose Texas A&M… the tradition & pride, not to mention the connection to agriculture.
- What caused you to create sheerheart.org… It began as a project for one of my college classes, but then I enjoyed it so much I bought my domain and kept it! Anyone remember alyxtportfolio.wordpress.com?
- If I wasn’t working in the oil & gas industry, what would I want to be doing… Ideally, I would be in some sort of agricultural marketing/advertising position.
- What inspired you to start making ice cream… My relationship with my grandpa has always been very “monkey see, monkey do” like. He likes old country music, I like old country music. He likes cattle. I like cattle. He likes dancing. I like dancing. He likes making ice cream. I like making ice cream.
- If you could have front row tickets to any artist’s concert, past or present, which would you choose… Marty Robbins.
- What are the perks of having all sisters… Always having someone there for you: to talk, laugh, shop, cook and cry with.
- Would you rather give up all electronics for a year or not be able to see or talk to your family for half that time… Get rid of the electronics. Hands down, easy answer.
- Do you ever feel like you don’t have enough time… Always. But I just keep moving along and one day, I know I’ll look back and realize I really didn’t need anymore time. It’s all God’s time anyhow.
- Who do you look up to the most… My dad. He works unbelievable hard for work and home. He has been a wonderful dad to us four girls. He is both charitable with his time and money. He’s not shy about showing his love for mom, us girls and everyone else in our family. I also try to mimic as much his reading habit, reading both for information and pleasure. Without this answer turning into its own blog post, see my earlier post about Dad for more about how awesome he is.
- What are your nicknames… My name is Alyxandra, but all of my life I have been Alyx. Sometimes I will be called Little Alyx when I am around my extended family on my dad’s side. Grandpa’s name is Alex, so during pitch tournaments this duplication can be somewhat confusing. I also used to have a boss that called me Alexis or Lexi, but I wasn’t too much of a fan.
Well this was fun! Do you have any other questions you’d like to ask me? Comment below and maybe I’ll put another little post together to share with y’all!
**credit to my sister, Sydney & her boyfriend, Josh for supplying me with questions! And photo credit: Joe Hollon :)