It has been way too long since I worked on my About Me page. Today I was reminded of a post I did two years ago called 25 for Twenty-five. It was such a fun way to share more about myself without just babbling on. Therefore, I found it fitting to update my About Me during my birthday week. So here goes a little Q&A session:
27 for Twenty-seven: About Me
What is my favorite movie, song and book?
What do I love to do for others?
- I love to cook/bake for people. Whether it’s baking a quiche, making ice cream or baking cookies for the office, I just love to share goodies.
In the next year what would I like to achieve?
- Have a down payment saved up for my next vehicle!
What is on my “list”?
- Blog and get organized
What is the most “from scratch” thing I make regularly?
- Homemade pie crust and quiche. I’ve been making one each week for the last month! The recipe for the pie crust is 2 1/2 cups flour, 1/2 tsp. salt, 14 tbsp. cold butter, and 1/2 cup ice water.
What is one thing I probably will never do?
- Sky dive, attend fashion week, wear burnt orange
What are you committed to?
- My family and all those I love
Next recipe to try:
- Garlicky Bok Choy – why not?
What do I wish I did more of?
- Long walks on the ranch with my sisters and the dogs
If I could change one thing in the world, what would it be?
- People’s perception and understanding of the agriculture industry
What excites me?
What is my dream vacation?
- Traveling across the country touring ranches and blogging about it :)
How do you like to relax?
- Either riding around looking at cows or going on a long jets ride
Share a birthday memory.
- The first day of Kindergarten fell on my birthday. I remember Mom had baked chocolate chip cookies and wrapped them in cellophane baggies (I believe they were Mickey Mouse related) for all of my classmates. I was wearing a denim button up dress with a pleated plaid trim.
Me in three words.
- Loving, social, eager
What qualities do I admire most in others?
What habit would I most like to break?
- Keeping things longer than I should. I’m still holding on to a pair of Levi jeans I wore throughout college that are literally worn to pieces. But each time I talk myself into throwing them out, when I grab them, my mind changes.
What practical skills do I wish I had?
- I wish I knew how to change my oil, or my tire for that matter!
My favorite words.
- Nonetheless, patience, discernment
One thing I know I need to work on:
- Time and money management
A recent silver lining:
- A couple of weeks ago, we were supposed to get much-needed rain; however, it just missed us. In church that weekend, Fr. Paul reminded us that when we don’t get the rain we need, someone else got the rain they needed.
A sentence that recently stopped me in my tracks:
- “Every youngster wants to be a grown-up, but the difference between a child and an adult is not years, rather its the willingness to accept responsibility, to be responsible for one’s own actions.” – from Flint by Louis L’Amour (one of the books I am currently reading)
What is a piece of advice I’d give to a younger person?
- Find happiness with yourself, before seeking it in others.
When people first meet me, I hope they feel ___.
- At ease, comfortable, inspired.
What is something I’d want to do today?
- Go visit with my grandparents.
Putting my music library on shuffle, the first three songs played:
What is the last non-fiction book I read?
That was 27, right? Ok yes I counted. Start thinking of questions to ask me for my 28 for Twenty-eight post next year!
As always looking forward to hearing from y’all!
With all of this crazy weather in our forecast thanks to Harvey, I may have some pictures to share next week.. Maybe some time cooped up in the house will help me to prepare a few blogs in advance!
To keep up with all the goings, be sure to like sheerheart.org on Facebook and @alyxsheerheart on Instagram as well as the ole Twitter.