Welcome to another Tuesday’s Things post. FYI these are fun to do.
August has disappeared. That is the only way I can explain the way I feel. Don’t we all feel time speeding up as we get older. And oh, I have gotten older this month.
Thanks to the way the world works, I turned 29 this month. If you’ve been a visitor on here for long, you may remember some of my previous birthday posts. Looking back on these, makes me feel that much older.
But to keep things headed in the right direction, I’ve got a Tuesday’s Things post for your entertainment and, perhaps, curiosity.
What am I watching?
Good Eats is back! I remember spending half-hours at a time watching reruns and new episodes of Good Eats throughout college. This series ran from 1999-2012 originally. It’s a show that combines cooking with science that answers the whys that come with the art. Finally it is making it’s return, and I couldn’t be more excited.
Oh and of course, my affection of Diagnosis Murder reruns on the Hallmark Murders and Mysteries channel, continues. But that might as well be my default.
And watch this:
What I am cooking?
- Italian Bean Salad
- Best Fudgy Cocoa Brownies
– My go-to brownie recipe. Quick, easy and adaptable.
– Last time, I used butterscotch chips instead of chocolate. Good call.
– As easy, and way better, than a box.
- Burrito Bowls
– Not a recipe, rather an equation:
– Seasoned ground meat (beef, lamb, pork, turkey) + brown rice + onion/bell pepper + canned black beans + canned diced tomatoes (or fresh) + corn.
– Topped with cheese, avocado or guacamole, greek yogurt or sour cream, and crunched up tortilla or corn chips.
What I want to cook and bake?
- Mississippi Mud Pie
- Instant Pot BBQ Beer Pulled Chicken Tacos
- Sour Cream and Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
What I am reading?
Would it be a Tuesday’s Things post without mentioning some books? Still loving Kindle Unlimited. My free-trial is dwindling down, not decided what I’ll do after that, but will have an update when that time comes.
Audible is still my favorite subscription. Highly recommend for book lovers or as gifts for those who appreciate reading. Also, a great idea for someone with long commutes to work!
Read my review here. Spoiler alert, I loved it. Read it in one day. If you like strong female characters and mystery thrillers, this may be the book for you. Also it is available through Kindle Unlimited, both the ebook and audio version.
My most recent finished book. And yet another that I listened to in a day. Also, a Kindle Unlimited book with audio available as well. As you can tell, I love listening to books… But this legal thriller was a great find. If you like Michael Connelly, you should check this one out as well. Well-defined characters, multiple story lines to create depth, and a good balance of predictable and unpredictable moments.
Currently the book that goes everywhere with me: to lunch on my own, in my car at the gas pump, or five minutes in bed before sleep forces me to stop. David Baldacci adds a new character to his already full lineup. This time a female lead. It has me intrigued.
Also read in the last month:
- The Coincidence of Coconut Cake by Amy E. Reichert <my review>
- The Paris Diversion by Chris Pavone <my review>
- The Designer by Marius Gabriel <my review>
- All Those Things We Never Said by Marc Levy <my review>
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han <my review>
What Etsy shops am I loving?
I have been making a more concerted effort to diminish my dependence on Amazon. I said it, I like Amazon way too much. So with that said, I have turned to Etsy among other direct shop boutiques online for the fun stuff. And for the not so fun stuff life requires, I’m attempting to shop for in person.
Stinson Paper Company – St. Louis, Missouri
Petite Paperie – Trabuco Canyon, California
Shop Bohemian Buffalo – Manvel, Texas
Wandering Maverick – College Station, Texas
The Oodles of Doodles – Dallas, Texas
Who I’m following on Instagram?
What is inspiring me?
Some of the links throughout this post are affiliate links. See my disclosure page for more information.